Amitabh Bachchan Biography – Amitabh Bachchan, often referred to as the “Shahenshah of Bollywood,” is an iconic figure in the Indian film industry, celebrated for his extraordinary acting talent and significant contributions to cinema. He was born on October 11, 1942, in Allahabad, India, into a family with a strong literary and film background. His father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was a renowned Hindi poet, and his mother, Teji Bachchan, had an academic background.
Amitabh’s journey in Bollywood commenced in the early 1970s, with his debut in the film “Saat Hindustani.” However, it was the 1973 film “Zanjeer” that marked the turning point in his career, earning him the “Angry Young Man” image. His intense and powerful performances resonated with audiences, making him a star.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Amitabh Bachchan was at the pinnacle of his career, delivering a string of hits, including “Sholay,” “Deewar,” “Don,” and “Shahenshah.” His on-screen charisma, deep baritone voice, and iconic dialogue delivery established him as a beloved and influential figure in Indian cinema.
In the 1980s, he suffered a setback with a series of flop films, leading to financial difficulties. However, he made a triumphant return in the late 1980s and 1990s with movies like “Agneepath,” “Hum,” and “Mohabbatein.” This phase of his career showcased his versatility, as he took on diverse roles.
Amitabh Bachchan’s enduring career spans over five decades, during which he has acted in over 200 films. His ability to adapt to changing cinematic trends and his dedication to his craft have solidified his legacy. In 2000, he was honored with the National Film Award for Best Actor for his role in “Aks,” adding to his numerous accolades.
Beyond acting, Amitabh Bachchan has explored various aspects of the entertainment industry. He ventured into film production with AB Corp. Ltd. and hosted the popular television quiz show “Kaun Banega Crorepati.” His distinctive voice has made him a sought-after narrator and commentator for documentaries and films.
Despite his larger-than-life on-screen persona, Amitabh Bachchan has also faced adversity in his personal life. In 1982, he sustained a near-fatal injury while filming a fight scene, leading to complications that haunted him for years. His marriage to Jaya Bhaduri and the birth of their two children, Shweta and Abhishek, became part of the public narrative, with both children making their mark in the entertainment industry.
Amitabh Bachchan’s philanthropic efforts are equally noteworthy. He has been associated with various social causes and has supported initiatives related to health, education, and disaster relief. His commitment to public service was recognized when he was honored with the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan, some of India’s highest civilian awards.
As he continues to act in diverse roles, Amitabh Bachchan’s influence remains unparalleled. His impact on Indian cinema extends beyond his acting skills, encompassing his unique style, memorable dialogues, and his position as a cultural icon. His ability to bridge generations and captivate audiences makes him an enduring legend in the world of entertainment.
Amitabh Bachchan Career
Amitabh Bachchan’s illustrious career in the Indian film industry spans over five decades, and he is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors in the history of Bollywood. His journey from a struggling actor to becoming a cultural icon and a megastar is a tale of determination, resilience, and immense talent.
Born on October 11, 1942, in Allahabad, India, Amitabh Bachchan is the son of the celebrated Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan. His family background instilled in him a deep appreciation for the arts and literature. Amitabh initially aspired to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a poet, but destiny had other plans for him.
Amitabh Bachchan’s foray into acting was met with initial challenges. His tall stature, deep voice, and unconventional looks made it difficult for him to secure roles in the early years of his career. He made his acting debut in 1969 with a minor role in the film “Saat Hindustani.” However, it was not until 1973 that he gained recognition and stardom with Prakash Mehra’s “Zanjeer.” The film established him as the “Angry Young Man” of Indian cinema, a persona that resonated with the frustrations and aspirations of a generation.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Amitabh Bachchan was the undisputed king of Bollywood, delivering a slew of iconic performances in movies like “Deewar,” “Sholay,” “Don,” “Shakti,” and “Amar Akbar Anthony.” His towering screen presence, intense acting, and iconic dialogues made him a household name. He portrayed complex characters, often challenging societal norms and expectations.
Amitabh’s ability to connect with the masses and portray the common man’s struggles and triumphs endeared him to a vast and diverse audience. His unique baritone voice and memorable dialogues, such as “Rishte mein toh hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shahenshah” (“In relations, I am your father, my name is Shahenshah”) from “Shahenshah,” became legendary.
Despite his massive success, Amitabh faced a setback in the early 1980s when a series of films failed at the box office. Financial difficulties and a temporary hiatus followed, but his determination led to a triumphant return with films like “Agneepath,” where he played the role of Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, earning him a National Film Award.
The 1990s saw Amitabh Bachchan explore a wide range of roles, from the stern headmaster in “Mohabbatein” to the spirited Narayan Shankar in “Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.” He demonstrated his versatility and ability to adapt to changing cinematic trends.
In addition to acting, Amitabh ventured into film production with AB Corp. Ltd. He also hosted the Indian version of the television quiz show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” called “Kaun Banega Crorepati.” His distinctive voice has made him a sought-after narrator for documentaries and commentator for various films and events.
Throughout his career, Amitabh Bachchan’s personal life has been the subject of public interest. He is married to Jaya Bhaduri, also a respected actress, and they have two children, Shweta and Abhishek. Both of their children have made their mark in the entertainment industry, with Abhishek following in his father’s footsteps as an actor.
In the realm of philanthropy, Amitabh Bachchan has been associated with various social causes, including healthcare, education, and disaster relief. His contributions to society were recognized when he was honored with the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan, some of India’s highest civilian awards.
As he continues to act in diverse roles and challenge himself with each project, Amitabh Bachchan’s influence remains unparalleled. His impact extends beyond his acting skills, encompassing his unique style, memorable dialogues, and his position as a cultural icon. His ability to bridge generations and captivate audiences makes him an enduring legend in the world of entertainment, and his contributions to Indian cinema are immeasurable.
Amitabh Bachchan Personal Life
Amitabh Bachchan’s personal life is a fascinating blend of family, resilience, and a commitment to philanthropy. The iconic Bollywood actor, often referred to as the “Shahenshah,” has displayed remarkable strength and grace in the face of both successes and adversities, creating a life story that continues to inspire many.
Born on October 11, 1942, in Allahabad, India, Amitabh Bachchan is the son of the celebrated Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan. Raised in a household steeped in literature and culture, he developed an early appreciation for the arts and a deep respect for the power of words.
Amitabh’s entry into the world of acting was not without its challenges. His tall stature, deep voice, and unconventional looks initially posed hurdles for him in the competitive realm of Bollywood. However, his determination and talent eventually earned him recognition and stardom.
In his personal life, Amitabh Bachchan’s enduring love story with Jaya Bhaduri is an integral part of his journey. He married Jaya, also a respected actress, in 1973. Their union has stood the test of time and is considered one of the most enduring in the Indian film industry. The couple has two children, Shweta and Abhishek. Despite their celebrity status, Amitabh and Jaya have been steadfast in their commitment to providing their children with a normal upbringing, away from the constant media scrutiny.
The couple’s children, Shweta and Abhishek, have both ventured into the entertainment industry. Shweta, the elder of the two, chose a path outside of acting and has made her mark in the world of fashion and literature. Abhishek, on the other hand, followed in his father’s footsteps and became an actor. The father-son duo has shared screen space in several films, creating moments cherished by their fans.
Amitabh Bachchan’s personal life has not been without adversity. In 1982, during the filming of “Coolie,” he sustained a near-fatal injury while performing a stunt. The incident resulted in a life-threatening condition and a prolonged recovery. His resilience in the face of this crisis, along with the outpouring of support and prayers from his fans, is etched in Bollywood history.
Beyond his family, Amitabh’s commitment to philanthropy has been a defining aspect of his personal life. He has been actively involved in various charitable initiatives, including supporting causes related to healthcare, education, and disaster relief. His contributions to society have been recognized with honors and awards.
Amitabh’s public persona, marked by his charismatic and powerful on-screen presence, stands in contrast to his private life. He is known for maintaining a relatively low profile when it comes to personal matters. Despite the media frenzy and constant attention that is part of being a Bollywood legend, he and his family value their personal space.
In the realm of entertainment, Amitabh Bachchan’s role as a narrator, commentator, and host on various television shows has allowed audiences to witness different facets of his personality. He has hosted the Indian version of the television quiz show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” called “Kaun Banega Crorepati.” His distinctive voice and eloquence have made him a sought-after figure for these roles.
Amitabh Bachchan’s personal life is a testament to his values, commitment to family, and his role as a cultural icon and philanthropist. His resilience in the face of adversity, enduring love story with Jaya, and dedication to providing a normal upbringing for his children make him not just a Bollywood legend but also a beloved figure in the hearts of many. His life story is a source of inspiration and admiration for generations of fans.
Amitabh Bachchan Relationship
Amitabh Bachchan’s relationships, both personal and professional, have played a significant role in shaping his journey as an iconic Bollywood actor. Known for his charisma, towering presence, and versatile talent, Amitabh’s relationships have been instrumental in his life and career.
- Marriage to Jaya Bhaduri: One of the most enduring and celebrated relationships in Amitabh Bachchan’s life is his marriage to Jaya Bhaduri. The two Bollywood actors tied the knot in 1973, at a time when Amitabh’s career was on the rise. Their love story, which began on the sets of the film “Guddi,” has stood the test of time. Despite the challenges of fame, their marriage remains a rock-solid bond. The couple has often appeared together in films, and their on-screen chemistry is widely appreciated. Their dedication to providing a normal upbringing for their children, Shweta and Abhishek, reflects the values they hold dear.
- Friendship with Dharmendra: Amitabh Bachchan’s friendship with fellow actor Dharmendra is legendary in Bollywood. The two actors formed a close bond during the filming of “Sholay,” one of Indian cinema’s most iconic films. Their camaraderie on and off the screen added depth to their roles in the film. This friendship has endured over the decades, and they have worked together in several successful films. Their connection is a testament to the strong relationships that can be forged in the world of entertainment.
- Professional Collaborations: Amitabh Bachchan’s professional relationships in the film industry have been diverse and prolific. He has worked with a wide array of directors, producers, and co-stars, creating memorable cinematic moments. His collaborations with directors like Yash Chopra, Prakash Mehra, and Ramesh Sippy have resulted in some of his most iconic films. His on-screen pairings with leading ladies like Hema Malini, Rekha, and Shabana Azmi have been celebrated for their chemistry and performances.
- Mentorship and Respect: Amitabh Bachchan’s stature in the film industry has earned him respect and admiration from colleagues and newcomers alike. Many actors, directors, and technicians consider him a mentor and a source of inspiration. His humility and willingness to share his experiences with the next generation of talent have left an indelible mark on the industry.
- Relationship with Fans: Amitabh Bachchan’s relationship with his fans is a special one. He enjoys a massive and dedicated fan following. Despite his towering fame, he remains connected to his admirers through social media, often engaging with them directly. He acknowledges the love and support he receives from fans, making him not just a star but also an approachable and beloved figure.
- Social and Philanthropic Connections: Beyond the film industry, Amitabh Bachchan’s relationships extend to various social and philanthropic causes. He has been actively involved in charitable initiatives, supporting healthcare, education, and disaster relief efforts. His commitment to philanthropy has garnered the respect and collaboration of organizations and individuals dedicated to social causes.
Amitabh Bachchan Controversies
Amitabh Bachchan, one of Bollywood’s most celebrated and revered actors, has had a long and illustrious career. However, like any public figure, he has not been immune to controversies and challenges throughout his journey. Here are some notable controversies and challenges that have marked Amitabh Bachchan’s career:
1. Bofors Scandal (1980s): Perhaps one of the most significant controversies associated with Amitabh Bachchan was his alleged involvement in the Bofors scandal in the late 1980s. The scandal revolved around allegations of kickbacks in the purchase of Bofors howitzers by the Indian government. Amitabh’s name was dragged into the controversy, leading to intense media scrutiny and tarnishing his image.
2. Financial Troubles (1990s): During the early 1990s, Amitabh Bachchan faced severe financial difficulties. A series of film flops and business ventures that did not yield the expected returns led to substantial financial losses. At one point, he faced bankruptcy and legal issues related to outstanding loans. This was a challenging period in his career and personal life.
3. Legal Battles: Over the years, Amitabh Bachchan has been involved in various legal battles, including disputes over his property and endorsements. These legal matters have occasionally made headlines and added to the complexities of his career.
4. Politics and Resignation: Amitabh Bachchan’s brief foray into Indian politics created its share of controversies. He entered politics in 1984 to support a family friend, Rajiv Gandhi, and contested elections. However, his political career was short-lived, and he resigned from Parliament in 1987, citing controversies surrounding his name in the Bofors scandal. This exit from politics was met with mixed reactions.
5. ‘Miss World 1996’ Controversy: In 1996, Amitabh Bachchan was slated to host the ‘Miss World’ pageant held in India. However, his name was associated with the Bofors scandal, leading to a controversy regarding his suitability as the host. Ultimately, he stepped down from hosting the event.
6. Mistaken Identity in Panama Papers: In 2016, Amitabh Bachchan’s name appeared in the Panama Papers leak, which exposed individuals who had offshore companies. However, it was later clarified that the Panama company mentioned in the leak was not related to the actor. The mistaken association nonetheless stirred controversy and media attention.
7. Healthcare Advocacy and COVID-19: In recent years, Amitabh Bachchan has been at the center of controversy and debate surrounding his role as a brand ambassador for various healthcare-related initiatives. His association with health campaigns and hospitals has been met with both praise and criticism, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite these controversies and challenges, Amitabh Bachchan’s resilience and ability to reinvent himself have been remarkable. He has navigated the highs and lows of his career with dignity and perseverance. In the face of financial difficulties, he made a successful comeback in the late 1990s and continued to deliver impactful performances. His enduring popularity and commitment to philanthropic endeavors have cemented his status as an iconic figure in Indian cinema.
Amitabh Bachchan’s life and career serve as a testament to the complexities and challenges that come with fame and success. He has shown that controversies and setbacks are not insurmountable and that one can emerge stronger, both personally and professionally, with determination and resilience.
Amitabh Bachchan Family
Amitabh Bachchan’s family is one of the most iconic and respected families in the Indian film industry. With a rich legacy, their contribution to Bollywood spans generations and has left an indelible mark on the world of entertainment. Here’s an in-depth look at the members of the Bachchan family:
Amitabh Bachchan: The patriarch of the Bachchan family, Amitabh Bachchan, is a legendary actor, often referred to as the “Shahenshah” of Bollywood. Born on October 11, 1942, in Allahabad, India, Amitabh has had a remarkable career that spans over five decades. His towering presence, deep baritone voice, and versatile acting have made him a cultural icon. From classics like “Sholay” and “Deewar” to more recent hits, Amitabh’s legacy in Indian cinema is unparalleled. He has received numerous awards, including the National Film Award for Best Actor.
Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan: Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan, born on April 9, 1948, is an accomplished actress in her own right. She made her debut in the film “Guddi” and went on to have a successful career in Hindi cinema. Jaya is known for her powerful performances in movies like “Mili,” “Uphaar,” and “Abhimaan.” Her marriage to Amitabh Bachchan in 1973 marked the beginning of one of the most enduring and celebrated relationships in Bollywood.
Shweta Bachchan Nanda: Born on March 17, 1974, Shweta Bachchan Nanda is the elder of Amitabh and Jaya’s two children. She chose a path outside of acting and pursued a career in the world of fashion and literature. Shweta has been associated with various fashion brands and is also known for her writing. She has authored a novel and is a well-regarded figure in the world of literature.
Abhishek Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan, born on February 5, 1976, is the couple’s younger child and followed in his father’s footsteps to become an actor. He made his acting debut in 2000 with the film “Refugee” and has since established himself as a versatile actor in Bollywood. Abhishek is known for his roles in films like “Guru,” “Dhoom,” and “Bunty Aur Babli.” He has received critical acclaim for his performances and continues to be a prominent figure in the Indian film industry.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Aishwarya Rai, one of India’s most celebrated actresses and a former Miss World, married Abhishek Bachchan in 2007. Aishwarya’s international recognition and beauty made her one of the most recognizable Indian faces on the global stage. She has appeared in numerous Bollywood films and has received accolades for her acting and beauty. Their marriage has been a subject of media interest and has created a powerful Bollywood couple.
Aaradhya Bachchan: Born on November 16, 2011, Aaradhya Bachchan is the daughter of Abhishek and Aishwarya. As a member of the Bachchan family’s youngest generation, Aaradhya has become a popular figure among fans and media alike.
The Bachchan family’s enduring legacy is a testament to their collective talent, dedication, and their ability to bridge generations. While Amitabh Bachchan’s towering presence and iconic status in Bollywood have made him a legendary figure, the family’s contributions to the film industry are multifaceted. Their personal and professional lives have been a subject of public interest, with their enduring relationships and achievements continuing to captivate audiences and fans worldwide. The Bachchan family’s commitment to both cinema and philanthropic endeavors further cements their position as an influential and cherished Indian family.
Amitabh Bachchan Networth
Amitabh Bachchan, one of the most iconic and revered figures in the Indian film industry, has amassed a substantial net worth over his decades-long career. His journey from a struggling actor to becoming a legendary Bollywood star has been marked by numerous successful films, brand endorsements, business ventures, and television appearances. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Amitabh Bachchan’s estimated net worth was in the range of $400 million to $450 million (approximately 2,900 to 3,300 crores INR).
Here are some key elements that contribute to Amitabh Bachchan’s impressive net worth:
- Film Career: Amitabh Bachchan’s prolific film career is the primary driver of his net worth. With over 200 films to his name, he has been a part of numerous blockbusters and critically acclaimed movies. His acting prowess and iconic status have led to substantial earnings per film, making him one of the highest-paid actors in the Indian film industry.
- Brand Endorsements: Amitabh Bachchan has been associated with several high-profile brand endorsements over the years. His association with companies and products in various sectors, including automobiles, consumer goods, and financial services, has contributed significantly to his net worth.
- Television Appearances: Hosting the Indian version of the television quiz show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” called “Kaun Banega Crorepati” has been a lucrative venture for Amitabh Bachchan. His charismatic presence as the host has made the show immensely popular, and his earnings from television have added to his net worth.
- Film Production: Amitabh Bachchan co-owns a film production company, AB Corp. Ltd. While his primary focus has been acting, his production company has been involved in producing and distributing films, contributing to his financial portfolio.
- Investments: Like many high-earning celebrities, Amitabh Bachchan has made investments in various sectors, including real estate and other business ventures. These investments have provided him with diversified sources of income and have played a role in increasing his net worth.
- Philanthropy: Amitabh Bachchan is actively involved in philanthropic initiatives, supporting causes related to healthcare, education, and disaster relief. While philanthropy is not a source of income, it underscores his desire to make a positive impact on society and reflects his financial stability.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards: Over the years, Amitabh Bachchan has received numerous awards and honors for his contributions to Indian cinema. These accolades not only celebrate his achievements but also add to his overall net worth through prize money and associated opportunities.
It’s important to note that net worth figures can fluctuate over time due to various factors, including income from films, endorsements, investments, and business ventures. The figures mentioned are based on estimates as of September 2021, and it’s advisable to refer to the latest financial reports and sources for the most up-to-date information.
Amitabh Bachchan’s enduring success in the entertainment industry, combined with his diverse sources of income and smart financial decisions, has contributed to his substantial net worth, making him one of the wealthiest and most influential figures in the Indian film and entertainment landscape.
Amitabh Bachchan Interesting Facts
Amitabh Bachchan, the living legend of Indian cinema, has had a remarkable journey filled with interesting and awe-inspiring facts. Here are some intriguing and lesser-known aspects of his life and career:
- Early Struggles: Before achieving fame, Amitabh Bachchan faced numerous rejections and setbacks in the film industry. Directors often cited reasons such as his tall stature and unconventional looks. Despite these challenges, he persevered and eventually found success.
- Stage Name: Amitabh Bachchan’s original surname is spelled as “Bachchan.” However, when he entered the film industry, renowned filmmaker Sunil Dutt suggested that he add an extra “a” to the spelling, making it “Bachchan.” This change has remained, and it’s now an iconic part of his name.
- Hindi Poetry: Amitabh Bachchan’s father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was a renowned Hindi poet. Amitabh shares his father’s love for poetry and has often recited his father’s verses at public events. He has a deep appreciation for the Hindi language and literature.
- Struggle with Stuttering: In his early years, Amitabh Bachchan struggled with a stuttering problem. He worked hard to overcome this speech impediment, and his deep and resonant voice is now one of his defining features.
- Zanjeer’s Success: The 1973 film “Zanjeer” catapulted Amitabh to stardom. Interestingly, the film was not initially expected to be a major success. However, his portrayal of Inspector Vijay Khanna and the coined term “Angry Young Man” became defining elements of his career.
- ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC): Amitabh Bachchan hosted the Indian version of the popular quiz show “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” titled “Kaun Banega Crorepati.” His charismatic hosting skills made the show immensely popular. He is known for his signature dialogue, “Lock kiya jaye?”
- Injury on Set: While filming the iconic fight scene for “Coolie” in 1982, Amitabh Bachchan suffered a near-fatal injury. This incident led to life-threatening complications and a prolonged recovery period. The nation rallied in support, and his recovery was seen as a miracle.
- Awards and Honors: Amitabh Bachchan has received numerous awards, including the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan, some of India’s highest civilian honors. He’s also been honored with several honorary doctorates.
- Multi-Lingual Actor: Amitabh is not just a Bollywood star; he has appeared in films in multiple languages, including Bengali, Kannada, and Marathi. His ability to transcend language barriers is a testament to his acting prowess.
- Social Media Savvy: In the age of digital media, Amitabh Bachchan is active on social platforms, particularly Twitter, where he enjoys a massive following. He shares insights into his life, personal thoughts, and interactions with fans.
- Philanthropic Efforts: Amitabh Bachchan is actively involved in philanthropic initiatives. He supports various causes, including providing healthcare to the underprivileged and disaster relief. He has used his influence to make a positive impact on society.
- Legacy of Stardom: Amitabh Bachchan’s name is synonymous with stardom. He has not only achieved incredible success but has also set a high standard for future generations of actors in the Indian film industry.
- Bollywood’s ‘Shahenshah’: Amitabh’s iconic dialogue “Rishte mein toh hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shahenshah” (“In relations, I am your father, my name is Shahenshah”) from the film “Shahenshah” became legendary. It is one of the most memorable lines in Indian cinema.
Amitabh Bachchan FAQs
What is Amitabh Bachchan’s full name?
Amitabh Bachchan’s full name is Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava Bachchan.
When was Amitabh Bachchan born?
Amitabh Bachchan was born on October 11, 1942.
Is Amitabh Bachchan married?
Yes, Amitabh Bachchan is married to Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan. They got married on June 3, 1973.
How many children does Amitabh Bachchan have?
Amitabh Bachchan has two children, a daughter named Shweta Bachchan Nanda and a son named Abhishek Bachchan.
What is Amitabh Bachchan’s famous dialogue from “Shahenshah”?
His famous dialogue from the film “Shahenshah” is: “Rishte mein toh hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shahenshah” (“In relations, I am your father, my name is Shahenshah”).
Has Amitabh Bachchan won any National Awards for his acting?
Yes, Amitabh Bachchan has received the National Film Award for Best Actor for his role in the film “Agneepath.”
What is Amitabh Bachchan’s net worth?
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Amitabh Bachchan’s estimated net worth was in the range of $400 million to $450 million (approximately 2,900 to 3,300 crores INR).
Has Amitabh Bachchan been involved in any philanthropic activities?
Yes, Amitabh Bachchan is actively involved in philanthropic initiatives. He supports causes related to healthcare, education, and disaster relief.
Is Amitabh Bachchan active on social media?
Yes, Amitabh Bachchan is active on social media, particularly Twitter, where he enjoys a massive following. He shares personal insights, thoughts, and interacts with fans.
What is Amitabh Bachchan’s iconic film that established him as the “Angry Young Man” of Bollywood?
The film “Zanjeer,” released in 1973, is often credited with establishing Amitabh Bachchan as the “Angry Young Man” of Bollywood and catapulting him to stardom.
Share this content: